Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another idea that might not hurt...

...I'm going to see about approaching some open-source PHP coders to write PHP scripting code that would operate the FRRIPnet sets. I'm thinking PHP, MySQL and Apache server on a Linux OS for the software environment. I'm thinking that mainly for the purpose of keeping the device highly stable. The last thing you want is to be in an emergency and have your handset crash.

Also, some of the new high-capacity flash drives might be a better choice for storage on the devices.

I wonder what radio chipsets might be available? I'd bet cellular will be the biggest pain.

Also, I'm thinking I want solar cells embedded in the casing or carrying case to keep the unit charged out in the field - and a hand-crank generator as a last resort.

Dan

No comments: